Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Elder Brantley Shattuck




***
***
***

Brantley & Scott at the World Map pointing to their mission at the MTC. Brantley with his Mission President and his wife.

3/5/08: I am staying in a member's home, he is a millionaire!! He doesn't show it though by how he spends his money, it is actually a very small house. Just tell the bishop I am doing fine, maybe I will write you a letter to give to him. No, I haven't gotten a letter from anyone but you, g-ma, and Diana, everyone else has forgotten me. :( Anyways, I am leaving to go and get some groceries and a hair cut so have a good day.

No, the area is not that new to me, it's pretty much what I expected. There has only been a couple of cold days but it is like perfect temperature right now, not hot or humid, but definatley not cold. Ya, it's pretty cool the house we stay in is like in the woods and every morning you can see deer out our bedroom window about 15 feet away just eating grass.

My companion(Elder Withers, from Blackfoot) has been out for like 4 or 5 months or something. He is pretty hard core but not to bad, I get along with him.

I am in Warrenton, VA - it is a country part of the mission , big houses, very spread out and we usually have a car but it is broken right now so we have some senior missionary driving us around right now, he reminds me a lot of grandpa. We have a family of 5 we are working with and they want to be baptized but we need approval from the first presidency for the father cause he is on parole for not paying a speeding ticket, kind of a dumb situation, hopefully they will approve it though.

No comments: