Monday, June 16, 2008

Elder Brantley Shattuck:



Picture above - baptisms on May 17 - Dorothy Culver & Kathleen McDonald.

June 2008
Everything is going good down here in Warrenton,VA. Unfortunately summer is right around the corner and it is starting to get really hot and humid! This past week was a very busy week. We had interviews with President and Sister Wixom yesterday which went very well, except we have come to find out that Elder Gannaway's greenie is going home! that is just word on the street though, kind of a bummer there if it happens though. Um we went and did service for Kathleen on Saturday, it was awesome, I got to weed eat and I actually enjoyed it very much, it is surprising how relaxing it is to just zone out and work rather than worrying about whether or not I am doing what the spirit or the rules want me to. We have had some neat experiences but nothing to crazy to write home about.
My greenie(MY SON) is pretty funny, he is still working on talking to people and getting out of his bubble, I didn't realize how much selling helped me compared to the people who have never knocked a door in there life. Anyways there ya go, that is my life for now.

Hey mom how are you doing? This past week has gone really well. Last night we went to check up on a less active who wasn't home but as we were walking away one of the neighbors called over to us so we went and talked to him. He had had a few to drink and we had a good conversation with him. By the end of the conversation he had poured out the rest of the beer in his can and a whole six pack from his refrigerator, we are going back tonight to teach him, hopefully everything will work out the way it should. We are seeing some pretty amzing miracles right now and the work is progressing a ton. I am doing well, no sickness, no injuries or nothing so don't worry, the Lord is looking out for me. Love you.

Ya, Elder Gannaway's companion went home, he now has a companion that came out with me named Elder Ray. He is a pretty good guy, kinda different but a good natured guy.
Elder Shattuck

No comments: