Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Elder Matt Hansen:

July 13, 2008
Well, things here are going pretty good. I know last week I was pretty discouraged but this week has been just the opposite, it is amazing at how much has changed. We've had a lot of success this week and it has really been encouraging. We have 3 investigators with a baptismal date but one didn't show to church so we will have to postpone his. But the date is for the 27th so I hope all works out. One is Joseph that I told you about, he has smoking problem though and I think he drinks too. We are going to teach him the word of wisdom tomorrow and then we just pray that he will change. He is a good guy though. I know that he will be willing to change its just a matter of how long it will take for the change to take place. Other than the baptismal dates this week, we also got some new investigators, we got 11! I was pretty excited and it really shows me that our prayers are answered, it was pretty amazing. We also found two families that we are teaching which is very rare around here and we have another family prospect this week and I think it will go really well. So, as far as the work goes, this week has been good. I just hope our success continues into the next week too. We get transfer news at the end of this week but I'm pretty sure that I'm still here and I'm ok with that. I wouldn't be too excited if I got moved right now when the work is just starting to pick up. I know I'll still be here though. I dont know what else I can really say,I hope that is enough. I am really starting to enjoy the area. The language is still a problem ha, I have kind of given up but that's ok, I know very little. Something that happened to me just this morning was that my toe nail came off, ha of my big toe. I'm sure that's something you want to hear about huh? It has been broke for a long time from playing basketball so it was good that it finally came off, its pretty gross though but don't worry, I took some pictures ha. So that's just what is going on here. I hope you have a good week though, have fun in Texas, I love you, thanks for everything.
Elder Hansen

No comments: