Monday, August 11, 2008

Elder Scott Snell:

July 22, 2008
Hello family,
I sweat a lot but I am drinking a lot of water, don't worry - I think dad drilling it into my head for 19 years it finally sunk in. I now tell everyone else who has something wrong with them to drink more water then I realize I sound like my dad. Which is ok cause he is a pretty great guy. Good catch mom. I am getting better at sitting on the floor Koren style but there is only so much a six foot four missionary can do. Well, this week wasn't the best week of my mission that is for sure. I have had to do a lot more stuff cause my senior companion is -yeah - I love him. I just hope that one of us learns better Korean. Then we met with this lady who I knew for about five minutes and then she proceeded to tell me that I didn't know God that I was a bad missionary and I gave off a bad energy. But it is ok cause she told me not to take it personal cause she didn't even know me! I wanted to yell at her but I decided that I better not so I bore her my testimony really strong and simply told her I was sorry that I couldn't help her and to have a nice day as I walked her out the door. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy but it's ok. I knew where some batting cages were and then my companion bought me ice cream. I know what she said wasn't true but it still hurt. On a better note my recent convert got the priesthood on Sunday and it was really good. Next week he can bless and pass the sacrament.

Chad have fun at Martin's Cove and remember what those people did just so we could have the Gospel in our lives. It was something that changed my life. You will always remember it, I do. I wish I could go back so don't take it for granted. I love you all and remember the gospel is true - if it wasn't - I wouldn't be out here.
Love Elder Snell

August 3, 2008
Hello family,
This week was a little long and rough but I feel a lot better now.
You know it's funny how that happens when you really need it the Lord is always there to help you. This mission thing isn't all fun and games - it's real work, but I think of the pioneers and the early missionaries of the church and I have got it made. I can e-mail my family who loves me every week and I have shoes without giant wholes in them. Oh man I love the fact that the Lord is on my side. This week was kind of rough cause all of our appointments got canceled and we had to proselyte a lot more and that can be trying after a while. But we worked hard and we met some good people and the Lord helped us out. It is funny how he blesses you when you are doing what you are suppose to be doing.

Mom, I finally got your package and they are having this cow meat thing against American beef so when I got my package all it had in it was a pillow case and pictures. They swiped my jerky I was ticked those dirty rats. I've got to go. I miss you all and love you. Tell Ky I love her and take care of her for me, she means a lot to me. And who knows maybe you will be related some day. And no that doesn't mean her and Riley getting married! Love Elder Snell

August 10, 2008
I found out today that Cody Mitchell went home, it kind of hit me hard, because I remember those days that I wanted to go home too but am glad now that I didn't. All I know is that he went home and I have know idea why. I miss that kid and wish that I could talk to him. If you can, somehow let him know that I want a letter or an e-mail from him and I will write him a letter.

It is finally starting to cool off a little bit here but I still sweat like crazy. My companion isn't too bad - he just really likes to talk but not in Korean. I have been in the country 5 months and he has been here for about 14 months but I am the one who is taking the lead cause he doesn't. I am still a junior comp but I do everything that a senior does. It's frustrating sometimes but it is helping me to grow. I love you all and miss you. Remember the Church is true, I wouldn't be out here if it wasn't.
Love Elder Snell

August 17, 2008
Mom don't worry, I am doing fine. You don't have to worry about me, remember, I am tough. I grew up in a house with four brothers who were all stronger then me but smell isn't everything! It was good to hear about Cody, I am really glad he is ok. Missions are hard things, I remember a couple of times I was ready to pack my bags and come home. It sounds like he had it pretty rough. I admire him for doing what he thought was best. That takes a lot of courage especially when you live in rumor ville USA. Man, I miss that kid! Tell him his letter is being written. This week went by pretty fast, it wasn't too bad. We had three investigators out to church this week and some really good lessons. My companion still does not stop talking but I am learning the value of patience. My English is getting pretty bad. Transfers are coming up in the next couple of weeks so it's not too bad. On a good note we have Elder Bednar coming to the mission to talk to us this week. I am really excited and it should be good. I finally get to go play some basketball today so I am looking forward to that. I am a little worried though cause my shorts are a little tight. I am getting a little chunky, maybe I will start doing some sit ups. I love you all and miss you thanks for everything. I miss you and will keep working hard.
Love Elder Snell

No comments: