Thursday, October 16, 2008

Elder Brantley Shattuck:

10/10/08
This mission life is pretty sweet, I am thinking I might just serve a three year mission. It goes by so fast. Some days are long but not to often. Nicole got her second lesson in on Monday and we are planning on having the baptism on the 8th of November, it will be neat..... Man, her mom has a lot of problems though, she is kinda weird. It is interesting to see the different personalities and views out there in the world. Some people are pretty lost in the world with no purpose. I was actually studying the plan of salvation today and made a scripture chain for it, it is an amazing plan.

The other day we ran into this guy who told me I was from outer space and that my religion was completely false and that if we were ready to leave the brainwashing then we could come to his church, the one and only true church. He was not very nice needless to say and we just kept walking while he was yelling across the street and stuff.... I was pretty mad but I held my tongue, can you believe that.... isn't that crazy.... I was pretty amazed at the end of the day that I did that, before I would have usually put my two cents in but I didn't that time. It was a good lesson for me.

The weather is getting kinda cold over here, not really cold but cooler. It is perfect right now, it makes tracting so much more enjoyable when I am not stinging my eyes with my own sweat.

I liked Russel M. Nelson's talk a lot (wink wink), Holland talks about the ministering of angels which is really good and I thought Quentin L. Cooks was really good too. We got to listen to conference, at the chapel, no where else is aloud.

I will be here for a little while, my comp is finishing up six months here so I am pretty sure that he will go next. Transfers are the day before Halloween, we get to watch a movie on that night(Halloween night) which should be pretty fun. I will also be sending home my first companion Elder Rochford, which is a good thing, he needs to go home. Elder Shattuck

No comments: