Thursday, October 16, 2008

Elder Scott Snell:

10/05/08
So hey Fam,
This week was really good, we had a really good experience where my companion and I went looking for a member's house and we looked up the address to find out there was two of them. Well we went to the first one and they said no that they didn't live there. So we walked 15 minutes to the other place only to find out that my companion had made a mistake and that we didn't even have to go across town. Since we had already wasted a lot of time we prayed to find out what we should do. We decided that we should just knock doors in the apartment. After an hour of rejection and 40 doors later we started getting a little discouraged. My comp asked if I wanted to leave and I said we only have 7 more floors lets just finish. We got to the 3rd floor and we knocked on this door that didn't answer and we started to walk away when a lady opened the door. We ended up talking to her husband for 15 minutes and found out he worked with a Mormon and had been wanting to learn about our church. Now we are going to meet him. Its crazy to think that we weren't even suppose to be on that side of town but because of a train of events we found this guy. Its true the Lord will always help you if you show him your faith. I see stuff like this on a weekly basis, its a miracle. I love missionary work and the feeling I get when I do it. I hope you all enjoy conference. I will get to watch it next week. I love you and miss you, don't change to much while I am gone. Love, Elder Snell

10/12/08
So I have some news. A lot changed in these last couple of days. First of all, as you all know, I am officially an old fart, but more then that happened that I wasn't aware was suppose to happen on your twentieth birthday. Early this morning I loaded up all of my stuff in to my luggage and was shipped of to the Hawaii of Korea. I am now in Jeju which is an amazingly beautiful island. I got a new companion who is Korean and doesn't speak very much English and to top it all off I was made senior companion. Talk about crazy. I am on the south side of the island so I am as far south as I can go in my mission. My birthday was pretty good, instead of doing potato work I got to do missionary work which was a nice change. No mom I didn't get your package before my birthday but I did see it today at the mission home. I told them to send it to my new house, so I will get it soon. I am now on my sixth transfer with my seventh companion of my mission. I must be one of those comps nobody can stand to be with or everyone just wants to be with me. I am really hoping for the second one. I will send pictures of my tropical home. I love you all and miss you. By the way, I am sweating bad here. There probably won't be any snow for a while but we still have to wear suits ;-) Elder Snell

No comments: