Thursday, September 17, 2009

Elder Brantley Shattuck:


Apartment inspection

Sept 8, 2009
This week went pretty well, we had three investigators at church, one of which got really overwhelmed and felt like it was too much for her. The other one was a father and son who came without the mom because she isn't ready, Andy (the father) however is a lot more ready and prepared than she is so that will be a process with them, they are from Twin Falls.

Other than that though work is pretty much the same, we have apartment inspections tomorrow which probably won't be too fun, Sister Albright is expecting immaculate houses and the townhouse I am in has be inhabited by missionaries for over 5 years, so it is in pretty bad shape, the Slaters(relief society president) paid for us to get a carpet shampooer and it didn't have much of an effect on any of the carpet.... oh well, what can you do? Life is good though.

Sept 14, 2009
The work is going really well. Yesterday was a pretty neat day for me. Sitting in the Aquia sacrament meeting I looked around and I saw Sheila Oertly, the Montalvo's, Susie Dodson, Mark Lefebure, and then we had two new investigators at church as well named Bobbie and George Cash. It was a bit humbling see how much the Lord has blessed me in this area. We have a lot of people to teach right now, which I am very thankful for. We are teaching a family from Twin Falls, Idaho right now and they are a perfect family, young with two kids, they would just be the type of family everyone looks to teach on their mission. The wife has been the slow one, but in our last lesson we were able to have a member come with us that connected with her really well and there was a different countenance than the previous lessons. I really hope she steps up to the plate and overcomes her concerns. Elder Shattuck

Sept 21, 2009
Had a really neat experience this weekend as I was able to attend stake conference, Elder Neal L. Andersen happened to be presiding so I was able to hear from him, both times, the adult session as well as the general session. It was great he talked about temples in the adult session. Then in general conference he talked a lot about doing the basics of scripture study and stuff like that. The adult session was far better though, I remember going to the church and caulking around greeting all the people I know and doing the missionary thing making sure to get seen and remind people about missionary work.... anyways once it started to settle down I remember sitting down and listening to the prelude music as he walked into the chapel.... it was a very simple yet powerful feeling that came, to be in the presence of an Apostle is a special thing. I got a picture with him:

Elder Andersen, Elder Shattuck, Elder Smith

I also ate my first vegetarian meal last night, it wasn't to bad. It was lasagna and had like fake sausage or something in it, I was surprised I was pretty nervous about it.

1 comment:

Gina_84 said...

YAY!! Yes it was fake sausage. But it wasn't lasagna, it was Baked Ziti. You were close though! I'm glad you didn't think it was nasty. LOL!