Friday, December 18, 2009

Elder Matt Hansen:

Everything here is going good and it looks like things are going to change for me in my last transfer here. I just got a call from President and it turns out that my companion is getting transferred and I am getting a new kid from the MTC, I don't know where he is from or anything but I guess I will know later this week. I am excited, I guess, but kind of nervous at the same time, I don't know the area real well so things will just have to work out. Other than that things are going well. Yesterday was a long day because we watched the general conference tapes from October instead of having sacrament meeting. The worst part about it is that they were in Kiswahili so my companion and I didn't understand much. I just read the magazine the whole time.

I'm sure you will have a blast for Christmas with all the kids there. I wish I could be there but I'm serious when I say this, I won't be. I won't be home until the end of next month so don't worry. I think they are going to send the itinerary to you but I don't know.

This week was definitely different than any other week I have had so far on my mission. My new companion got here on Friday so we have only been together for a couple of days but he is a cool kid. He is from South Africa and he helps me out to stay focused on the work. But before he got here something else happened, it was on Tuesday to be precise... About all I can say about it is that I'm happy you put money into my account because turns out we got robbed! It was a bit unexpected. My companion and I just came home and found that the lock and door was the same way we left it then we opened the lock, went in and the house was a mess. It looks like they just had a key or something because there was no sign of force entry, nothing was broken. They cleaned us out pretty good though. They got all my ties, my small suitcase, my suit, all my trousers, and money. Not to worry though, I still got one tie and a pair of pants and all my white shirts, they're not so white anymore. We don't know who it was but the zone leaders also got robbed the next day so it was the same people. Please don't worry though, we are safe and you put in plenty of money to last me and get me new things so don't worry, and thank you for the money. That's the week. Please don't stress out. Everything is going well. I love you mom and hope that all is well for you. I will get to go on a one day safari before I go home, and we stay on the same road as the church, not far at all. Love you, Elder Hansen

No comments: