Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Elder Scott Snell:

We had four investigators out to church this last week for our primary program. They didn't come for the program it just happened to be the same day they came. I am convinced that where ever you go in the world the primary kids act the same. You have the kids up there making faces at the crowd, the one who is constantly waving at his mom, the kids screaming there lungs out when singing, the kid who walks up to the mike and says I forgot my lines. It was great. I actually was able to feel the spirit quite a bit when they would sing some of their songs. We had these two little kids that sang amazing solos. I see little kids and it is amazing how Christlike they can seem and then the next minute they are poking you in the rear and laughing like a little devil child. But they sure are funny.

Elder Green and I are getting along great. I have laughed a lot this transfer. It had kind of been a while since I just had a good hard laugh. So Elder Green and I were sitting at the church yesterday doing our weekly planing meeting. We were told to go upstairs after we were done because the ward was eating. Well after a little while we were about to go up and a member brought in this fella who had just wondered into the church wanting to learn about it. We just recently had a new building built in our area and it is pretty big and beautiful so it happens sometimes. So this guy comes in sits down and his face is bleeding. It looked like he butchered himself when he was shaving. After we got him some Kleenexes he asked about how our church was different from the normal christian church. I started to explain and before I answered the whole question he went off on something else. He did that like five or six times. He was talking about a million miles an hour and Elder Green couldn't understand him and I was having a rough time some times. I jumped from lesson to lesson answering his questions. He then went off about how he had just come from the Jehovah Witness's place and that he had rejected the book that they had tried to give him. I think that he was trying to tell me he wasn't going to be easy to crack. Well he then asked me about whether or not we believed it was important the way we worship Christ. I told him yes and then he asked how we got our way. I then taught him about Prophets again and how we don't believe the way we as humans choose but according the way God wants and that he relays that through a modern day prophet. That one slowed him down and made it so I could say everything I wanted before he interrupted me again. He then asked me if he could have a Book of Mormon and seemed a little less defensive towards me. He then continued to go a million miles an hour asking questions about the second coming and where it was going to be and the God head. I told him we believed God and Christ were two separate beings he then asked if all of the other churches are completely wrong or right. I said that is what we know to be true and he cut me off and said so they are wrong right? He was very persistent. We finished and we had been invited up to eat so we invited him as well and he came and started talking about what race of women was most beautiful, we awkwardly avoided that one and he them went off about the economy and I was glad I couldn't understand him. Anyway that was my weird guy story. He says he is going to call. Stay tuned. I hope all is well and everyone is happy and healthy. I love you all and miss you. Until next week Elder Snell.

Nov 23, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving, This week was a good one, we had stake conference and we had three investigators attend. It was a broadcast with President Uchtdorf, Elder Hollan, Stephens and another fella. I don't remember the name cause I chose to watch it in Korean with our investigators and as I watched the screen I found myself reading their lips rather then listening to the translation. It is usually really hard to understand conference and stuff like that cause they use really hard Korean but this time I understood a good amount. I was pretty happy. They gave a really good message but the Korean translator did a bad job at catching the feeling behind it so it kind of was a little bit boring for two of our younger investigators who nodded of a little bit throughout it. We are having an area seventy here for mission conference this week. Thanks for everything. I love you and miss you all, see you soon. Elder Snell

No comments: