Monday, April 5, 2010

Elder Adam Walker:

Sounds like it was a good week for you all. It was good here, it was nice and warm all week so that was nice. Today it is a little cold, small snow flurries but it is nice. I got transfer news yesterday, I am going to a small town called Pennsboro, its up kind of by my first area. The Branch is a really small one, I guess the smallest in the mission they only have 8-15 people there each week, so when I thought I was in a small one now, it only gets smaller. It will be fun though, I am looking forward to it. I am getting a missionary that has only been out for a month so that will be fun as well. Elder Chin is getting transferred as well and he is going to another small branch in the same stake up there. This morning we went on a hike to a waterfall it was about a 2 mile hike but it was pretty neat. The Waterfall was misting really bad and it was pretty cold when we got by it. If I wasn't a missionary I would have jumped out in the water, it was very tempting haha. It looked really refreshing. There are some really pretty places out here that is for sure, I am going to miss it a lot. haha its a little different than the green of Idaho. It will be nice to see that beauty again as well though.
We had stake conference on Sunday, it was a regional conference, it was really good. Elder Packer spoke along with Elder Jay Jensen (presidency of 70) Elder Sitati (the black 70) and sister Thompson ( counselor in the general relief society ) it was a great conference. it was a multi stake thing so they broadcasted it from salt lake. It was a good preparation to General Conference here in a couple weeks. They all really stressed the family and how the family unit is getting smashed more and more and how we are going to have to make a better effort than ever to save it. If we follow the prophet and do the things that he tells us to do we will survive the storms. He is the Watchman on the tower, he can see whats ahead, he knows what we need to do to prepare for the future, so we need to heed his council.
It sounds like the "Obama Care" passed, alot people out here are glad it passed, I don't agree with it I don't think, I can see it causing lots of other problems coming because of it. the Government has control of 1 more thing about us now. but hey, we can stay on our parents insurance until we are 26 I hear? That sounds good, I don't have to grow up for 5 more years now! haha I'm kidding but I'm sure that is what many people are thinking about that one. Our World is a mess, Spiritually and Temporally. God has become the past and the strength of man has become our Idol. I'm sure our Heavenly Father is pretty displeased with alot of things. I guess all we can do is do our best and live the way we are supposed to. I have been reading in 3rd Nephi over the past while specifically when Christ first came here and the signs that lead up to his arrival. Samuel the Lamanite warned the people and gave them a sign telling them in 5 years a new star would appear and there would be a day then a night with no darkness and then another day. When the five years came, many people had lost hope and said it was false and many fell into transgression and went against many of the followers of Christ. Eventually the sign did come and many were ashamed that they had gone against God. I hope we all can stay strong even though the world around us is beating us down saying to do otherwise. Its saddening and frustrating to see especially the young people who are now being raised and to see them being raised in darkness, they have no guidance, God is a pastime for them and they say they don't need him. Its been humbling to see, I hope that I never forget what I know and how I have seen others struggle and how the gospel has gotten people through the hardest of times. God loves us, he wants the best for us all. If we will just accept his will and do the things that he has asked us to do, great things are in store, it might not be a pocket full of cash, but he has promised us eternal life. something no pocket full of cash can buy. I love this gospel and this work, I know its true.

Elder Walker

No comments: