Thursday, April 10, 2008

Elder Scott Snell

April 2008
Hey Family,
We have not gotten to watch conference yet. Since we are 13 hours ahead of you guys, watching it live doesn't really work out for us. It sounds like a pretty good one. I really have grown to love talks on my mission and haven't had a good one since the MTC so I am looking forward to it. Since we didn't have conference last week we still had Fast Sunday and since we only have 15 people in our branch, guess who gets to bear his testimony in his broken Korean every month? You guessed it, me! Oh man, I swear that when you talk into a microphone you really hear how foreign you sound. It is so frustrating to me to have things to say but not be able to say them. It has been a really humbling experience.
I have really learned the importance of studying hard on my mission and prayer and patience and reading the Book of Mormon and just a lot of stuff. It is amazing that I might actually be growing up a little bit. Ha ha, don't worry not to much though. I really study a lot to learn this language and it is a lot of work. My companion, Elder Mitchell, is a lot of help though, he is a good guy. I am getting to the piont that I can pretty much get the jist of the conversation but oh man I have to concentrate pretty hard. My brain is so tired at the end of the day. But I am learning fast.
Wow, I haven't had potatoes for a long time. All I eat is rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But it is ok, I kind of like rice, it's quick, easy, and cheap. When you are a missionary, cheap is good. I eat a lot of ramen. If you felt like sending some rice-a- roni, I would not mind or just some stuff for tater tot casserole, my companion has never had it and I am craving it. Thank you for the recipes mom, I think that I can find everything to make it. It may cost an arm and a leg because peanut butter costs five bucks for a little jar. Cheese cost five bucks for ten slices of the plastic ones. Ha ha, oh well, I eat other stuff, like worms and squid!
We have a couple of good investigators that we are teaching right now. I really enjoy it more and more as time goes. I got to teach a recent convert how to play basketball and it was really satisfying. He has already improved a lot and we are good friends and it keeps him coming to church. Life is going pretty good. I am working hard. I will be sending pictures at the end of the transfer. I have some pretty good ones.
The cherry blossoms are amazing here. Yes dad, my house is just down the hill a couple of blocks from that big bridge. We went there yesterday with the branch to see the flowers, it is really pretty. I am living in a really beautiful place right now.
I love you all and love getting to hear about everything.
Elder Snell

No comments: