Friday, May 16, 2008

Elder Andrew Pena:











May 16, 2008
Andrew made it to Fresno just fine. His Mission President said he is assigned to work with one of their "outstanding trainers". Andrew called Sunday for Mothers Day. It was so good to hear his voice. Everyone was able to talk to him so he didn't have much time to speak to us. He loves what he is doing and is enjoying learning about the gospel. He sends his love to all and hopes we are doing what the Lord wants us to be doing. He loves it there but he is sweating like "basketball sweat" he says. He was riding on his bike to an appointment. He had to ride 7 miles and by the time he got to his appointment he was dripping sweat. While he was dripping wet he had to give the law of chastity. The first day he was there he was out trackting. He said he's learned how to say hello in 4 different languages. He was planning to go on a hike on p-day with his companion and his Mission President.

April 26, 2008
The MTC is great, just the first like day and a half sucked! Then it's just gotten better and better. We're done teaching lesson one and moving onto lesson two so I'm learning lots and I loved both your scriptures that you both sent. My companion is cool so it's good. My entire district is going to Fresno. We leave May 7th at 8:00 am. Already I have been able to overcome so many weaknesses and it's like they have never been a problem in my life! That is a sign of the Spirit working! It truly works miracles, I love it! I felt that I have learned more in this 1 1/2 weeks than I have in my life about anything. Wow, so we gave a lesson on God the Father and it turned out so much better than I intended. It's so weird how when you put everything you learn from churcn and actually put it to the test in real situations in life how much better those situations become. While I'm gone make sure to whip those brothers of mine into shape would ya! We listened to the MTC fireside and Brother and Sister Palmer, but after we went and watched films and Elder David A. Bednar gave a talk on "Becoming a better missionary." Wow do I need improvement!...Gosh I love you guys. Remember to always do your studying with your children! They are going to be so blessed! I look up to you guys so much! Thanks for everything. Elder Peña

No comments: