Friday, May 16, 2008

Elder Brantley Shattuck:




Brennon is a 12 yr old that I helped baptise. He is in a wheel chair because of muscular dystrophy. His grandfather baptised him but I carried him into the fount and helped "push" him under the water. It was a very choice experience.

May 19, 2008
I had quite the interesting experience this past Sunday. After Gospel Doctrine my companion and I were kind of just loitering around in the entrance to the church chit-chating with members when one of the Relief Society women came and asked us if we could fill in for a teacher that went home sick. I said sure - thinking I would be be teaching 10 or 12 yr olds. Turns out she meant teach Relief Society! I've never been so nervous to teach as I went to the front of the room and all those women were expecting to hear a good lesson. The lesson went great, we even had a few sisters in tears! So there you go, I can handle anything thrown at me :0).

April 30, 2008
Everything is going good, Kathleen(woman scheduled for baptism) called me yesterday and she smoked a cigarette so now we have to start all over and keep her clean for two weeks until she can get baptised. It was kind of sad, she was crying the whole time and she was all depressed but I think she will do it this go around. So now she is scheduled for the 17th of May, we also scheduled another lady yesterday named Dorothy(scheduled for same day), so there is quite a bit of action going on right now. I am doing fine, I had interviews with President Wixom yesterday and that was good, he told me he has big plans for me so we will see what that means. There are no tornadoes here, just hot freaken humid weather! I am not excited for the summer! I wish I had something interesting to tell you but I kind of just do the same thing over and over every day. I like it, don't get me wrong, it's just it is very repetitive to write. Today we are going to look at this guy's Harley that is custom painted with Book of Mormon stories on it, I will send pictures. I am with one of those missionaries that is out just cause his family wanted him to go, and it hasn't done a lot for him.... so it is better someone come out for the right reason and not just come out. My companion has been out for 18 months and is ready to go home, he is lazy but I am doing my best with him, I don't like him as a companion but he is cool as a person if you know what I mean. He is from Three Forks Montana, I will send pictures home at the end of every transfer.

May 7, 2008
Yesterday was awesome, we took Kathleen McDonald to the visitors center and watched the Joseph Smith movie. She loved it, not to mention the Temple. It was so neat, kind of relaxing too, it is amazing how easy it is to feel the spirit while on the Temple grounds! Kathleen is going to be baptised on the 17th along with another investigator named Dorothy Culver. I hope I don't get transferred so I can be a part of it. If I do get transferred I think I will find a way to be there anyways.

May 14, 2008
I am training this next transfer, and get to stay in Warrenton so my prayers were answered!! Ya I won't know who my companion is until tomorrow morning, President has to pick the greenie's up, have interviews with them and then I will be assigned to one of them tomorrow at transfer meetings. Grant is staying as well and is also training but also is District Leader, which kinda sucks, I never want to be in leadership, I don't think that he did either. We aren't in the same district either but I will still see him every Monday. So everything has worked out almost perfectly. Anyways I have a Temple conference on the 20th, that is where half of the entire mission gets to go to the Temple together. That will be fun! I am excited for it!

No comments: