Monday, August 11, 2008

Elder Matt Hansen:

August 4, 2008
Well, things here are going pretty good. Yesterday was a pretty good day at church. We had 11 investigators show up at church so that was pretty good. Now the hard part is just to get them to keep on coming. Everyone is just so unpredictable here and half the time I don't even think they understand what is going on. It's frustrating because you will think someone is interested and then you find out that when you visit them the 2nd time that they just want money. It's annoying. If you are white here it means that you are rich, that's all there is to it. But we also had 2 baptisms yesterday it was a good experience. I got to baptize one of them, his name is Emiri and he is 21 years old. It was an awesome experience, he is a very humble kid. The other person was Joseph, we have been teaching him for about 2 months and he is 39 years old, he is a good guy. So it was a good day yesterday and it has been a pretty good week. The work is still going forward, slowly but surely. Then for next week we have one more planned baptism so hopefully that will work out, we'll see.

Fellow missionary friends (blog):
Hey what's up guys, how is everyone doing? How is the missionary work? From what I have heard it sounds like everyone is doing good. Everyone is still out so that's a good sign, ha. Well, I'm just here in Tanzania and I've been here in the same area for about 7 months now, I'm going on my 5th transfer. Things are good here though, I like it. The members treat us good and we get fed a lot so that's good. The only problem is that I'm getting fat but that's all part of the experience. The work here is pretty slow because there is a big language barrier but its moving forward. We just had two baptisms yesterday so that was pretty exciting. We also have one more planned for next week so hopefully it will all work out. I am trying to learn Swahili but I know very little but that's alright, we can only teach in English so that's why the work is so slow. Well, that's about all that's going on here. I hope that everyone is doing good, keep up the good work, love you all, later.
Elder Matt Hansen

No comments: