Monday, August 11, 2008

Elder Brantley Shattuck:

August 6, 2008
Being transferred to Brambleton as a ZONE LEADER. New comp is Elder Lieppmann, an awesome missionary who actually got drafted to the A's(major league baseball team(PRO's)) but chose to serve a mission instead. He is from Arizona I think, can't remember the exact place. I am excited but it is going to be hard for me to leave, this is all that I really know and I love the wards here, they have been my favorite I have ever attended in my entire life. The Yanick family is going on a vacation but should be baptised on the 30th of this month if they can quit smoking. Hopefully I will be given the opportunity to come back and see that when it happens, I don't know if I will though... Elder Shattuck

PS: I am getting so fat that I have to go buy a new pair of pants today, not because my waste is bigger but my thighs are huge!!! I gotta lose some weight, I look like a stinkin cowboy in my jeans.

August 13, 2008
This past week has been absolutely crazy. Being a Zone Leader there is a lot of pressure. I have to report all of the key indicators(numbers) to the mission president every Sunday night, my first experience with that was last Sunday and President Wixom called our zone PATHETIC!!! Man, it was kind of harsh but made me laugh too, our mission is really struggling right now and isn't baptising like it should be. My new companion is awesome, we get along really well, he reminds me a lot of Matt Hansen. He his like 6'6", pretty big guy, it's almost like BIG DOG AND LITTLE DOG. We don't have a whole lot going on though here, no real solid investigators or anything, kind of weird considering we had tons of things going on in Warrenton.... I don't really miss the area but I sure do miss having the knowledge of who the ward members are. It is weird not knowing people. Love you. Elder Shattuck

No comments: