Monday, December 22, 2008

Elder Scott Snell:

Dec 7, 2008
The news about Elder Worthlin was broken to me in a way I didn't see coming at all. Yesterday we had a record breaking 11 people at church, half of which are almost old enough to get baptized. Anyway I was talking to my Branch President and he asked me, "Elder Worthlin passed away." I had no idea. The mission had not told us. I called to the other missionaries on the island and sure enough they heard the same thing. It was really weird. I guess once they go to sitting during conference it is only a matter of time.

I have a feeling I will be seeing Christmas from a whole new point of view this year. Speaking of Christmas, that means I get to call home. This time they want you guys to buy phone cards and send us the info by email. Like the number and such. And then we will call you at a time that we can set up. Our if you want to just call me I am sure we could do that to. If you do get a card, make sure it is one I can call from outside the U.S. to the U.S. because there are some that only allow you to call from the USA out. So the other thing is now in our mission we are buying our own bikes. I went and looked at a couple and to get a decent bike I think I can talk the guy down to about 230,000 won, which is about $200 US dollars. So yeah, what I am trying to say is maybe that should be my Christmas present. I am sorry to throw this on you. Right now cause the exchange rate from dollars to won is really good it might be less. At one point it was about 1 dollar to 1500won. I don't know what it is now though. Anyway, that would be appreciated cause it would be really nice to have a bike in this area.

So this week was kind of weird. I guess it is typical island weather though. One day I was out picking oranges in my short sleeve shirt, it was beautiful. Pluck them of the tree and eat them right on the spot. But then 2 days later have it snowing like crazy all day. None of it stuck on my side of the island but it stayed up on the volcano. It's just chilly now. I still haven't had to break out my coat yet but I have a feeling it is coming soon. I hope you all enjoy your Christmas season. Elder Snell


Dec 15, 2008
This week was a good one. I got a total of four packages this week.
Two from home, one from Ky and one from the Walkers. Thank you all very much. Mom I did finally get your deodorant package and i am sad to say that the pies didn't make it. I was pretty bummed and not to happy with the mission secretaries who send the mail. But the others made it to me safe and fast. Thank you for everything.

I have not bought my bike yet but I did see the money so I am very thankful. I am going to the bigger city on the island this week so I have more of a selection. We don't have much to choose from in my little town.

I love you all but I've got to go, we are spending p-day with our mission president. We are watching a Christmas Carol. I love you all and miss you. Elder Snell

No comments: