Monday, November 24, 2008

Elder Matthew Hansen:

November 23, 2008
Soon things here are really going to change a lot. My companion is going home on Wednesday and my new companion comes on Thursday. He is from South Africa and he is coming straight from the MTC so he is brand new. I will be training so it should be interesting. I am kind of nervous but excited at the same time. A change is needed here and I just hope that it helps. Next week we are planning for 3-4 baptisms so I hope that all works out, that will be cool if it does. Other than that there isn't a whole lot going on here. We don't ride bikes, we just walk or take the buses which are still pretty interesting. We haven't done a whole lot of tracting, I think I need to learn how to do it again because my companion doesn't like to do it too much. But we still get some referrals which is better anyway, they always progress much better. This past week wasn't too bad. The worst thing that happened was at a members house, ha the food. Do you remember on Grumpy Old Men when they pour out the chunky-sour milk? Well that's exactly what I ate here. They call it "Natural Yogurt" but its just sour-chunky milk. I think its the worst thing I've had yet, I was gagging but I got it down and that was a relief. I'm surprised it didn't make me sick, I'm lucky I guess. I just thought you might want to know that.
Elder Hansen

No comments: