Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Elder Matt Hansen:

It was good to talk to you, it sounds like everything there is going good for you all. I hope you have enjoyed your holiday season. It was good to talk to everyone. Sometimes I feel like I will be home in like two weeks I don't know why. Time does fly though. Now it just feels like this is my life forever, home is kind of just a distant memory and a dream, its weird and hard to explain but things here are going good. I can't believe its coming up on a year. There are of course hard times but it is definitely worth it, I have learned so much and I am so grateful for that. If I didn't come here I don't know where I would be. Anyways, I don't really have a whole lot to say since we just talked on Christmas. Everything is still going well and we are still meeting and teaching quite a few people, all is well.

Well I cant believe its already almost 2009, time flies! It feels like just yesterday that I graduated high school, ha its crazy. I am really enjoying my time out here though. The longer I am out the more I enjoy it. The work is moving forward. Even though my companion and I are complete opposites we are working hard and enjoying it. If I could compare my companion to one person it would be Richard Simmons, ha I might sound rude but its the truth. I respect him though, he is a good missionary and he is willing to work so what more could I ask for? We just had a couple of baptisms and they were confirmed yesterday and they are awesome kids. One of them is 18 and he is going to be an awesome missionary. He really wants to go on a mission next year, after he finishes school so that will be awesome. He would even come teach with us sometimes before he was baptized, he is an awesome kid. Other than that we are planning for a few more baptisms within the next few weeks. Two of them are little kids and they are crazy and it has been a challenge teaching them but it has been good, I have enjoyed it. This past week we also got a new investigator that has to use a wheel-chair-type thing. It has 3 wheels and then pedals like a bike but for the hands. He can't use his legs so he uses his wheel-chair and then he just crawls. The amazing thing is that he is still coming to church, he is a great guy. Other than that nothing much going on. We are just doing the Lords work and enjoying our time. This work is amazing, I have learned so much and I am so grateful for this opportunity. There is no greater work on earth! I hope all is well. Happy New Year to you all, I love you! Elder Hansen

No comments: