Thursday, February 19, 2009

Elder Andrew Peña:

February 9, 2009

I was so blessed for the opportunity this week to give two blessings and I have given many since I've been on my mission. Even more than ever it has been impressed upon my mind and my heart what an amazing blessing and opportunity I have and am able to hold the power and authority of Jesus Christ. As I was pondering on it I became so humbled to know of what a blessing it is and I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have to even notice this blessing! This week I have been reading about the 4 sons of Mosiah and in Alma where Ammon tells his brother Aaron he will not boast in himself but he will boast in his god! And for the mercy and all that God has for us was really pressed on me this week to see all the blessing and the miracles that he has worked and continued to work in my life this week! It was amazing and I am grateful for that! This week was great! We set a baptismal date with a kid named Seang and he set his own date but he has had some obstacles. His mom doesn't want him to be baptized because he has already been but she lives in New Mexico so we are trying to find out if she even has full custody or not! We go over tonight to find out more about the situation but he said he already talked to his mom and she said no! BUT " with God anything is possible. " That is true and we will go tonight and talk with him about that! All of Tuesday I have the opportunity to go and serve all day with the assistants in our area, and to learn and grow from them and really see how missionary work should be! haha But Elder Simmons tells me it will be an awesome experience so I am excited! Lately there has been a guy calling our mission that has a heavy British accent and he calls and starts to ask missionaries their names and where they are from and try to find out information about us and the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith and the temple. Seems like he knows a lot of stuff about that church! But a couple weeks ago when I was up in Sonora on our exchange this guy called our phone and I just felt this disturbing feeling that I have not felt yet on my mission! It was pretty crazy but I told him I had an appointment and he said his name was Andrew and he was calling from a 208 area code! It was freaky but I guess he keeps changing his phone number a lot so I dunno its just kinda creepy! But that's why I got that feeling as I looked down at the phone and saw it was a 208 number and I picked it up and asked who it was he said Andrew! I about fainted! haha But missionary work is going awesome! I love it! I cannot get enough of it! We went golfing last week and it was fun. I love golfing too! haha But this upcoming week will be great! I'm excited! It was good to hear from all of you and I will talk with you soon! I love you all and keep being great!:) Elder Peña

No comments: