Thursday, February 19, 2009

Elder Scott Snell:

January 28, 2009
Another week down in this new year and I can't believe how fast it is going. We just got done with the new year and I was expecting some big festivals or something but nothing really happened. Maybe it did back on the main land but there was nothing to exciting down here on this little island of mine. We ate some food and had Church at 7 in the morning so that was a new experience. I had to give a talk and so did my recent convert. I was pretty nervous for him because he has only been a member for a couple of months but he didn't seem to worried. He ended up doing a great job and telling his conversion story how he over came his addiction of smoking through prayer. It was really amazing, I was really touched. It was like a father watching his son walk on his own for the first time. I am really glad I have been able to see him progress as much as he has while I have been here. Nothing to exciting has happened this week. We were able to play soccer during the holiday season and I am pretty sure I got sent to the wrong mission. I never was big into soccer my whole life. I just get rocked when we play even by the little kids. I love you all and miss you. Love, Elder Snell

February 2, 2009
Today we spent the day with President and Sister Jennings. They came down for the transfer interviews and then spent p-day with us.
I took them around the island and showed them all of the waterfalls and some other cool stuff. We ate really good thanks to them and had a fun time. P-days are really something else when you are serving in paradise. We have two weeks left in the transfer and we are doing good. We have an investigator that we committed to be baptized all we have to do is set the date. This week the rotten orange giving grandma gave us orange juice in glasses that I am pretty sure you could see through at one time. And after we drank the juice she wiped them out with Toilet paper and put them back in the cupboard. Yummy;-) my companion has had a stomach ache today hmmm. I love you all and miss you tons be safe and remember who you are and what you represent. Elder Snell

February 9, 2009
My week was really uneventful. My companion had stomach problems all week so I spent a lot of time trying to study at my desk. This week is the last one in the transfer that means that some will be leaving the island. There are rumors floating around that I am leaving but I have also heard that I am staying so I don't know. If I do stay, this will be the longest I have been in an area. I am definitely getting a new companion I have been assured. If it is not because of transfers it will be because one of us is dead. My companion is a really great guy but not someone I would want to live with for 6 months. We clash to much for that to happen. I love you all and will talk to you again next week from who knows where. Until then. Elder Snell

February 16, 2009
I know it sounds bad, but I got a new companion. His name is Elder Rowley. He is from West Jordan, Utah and he speaks English. He really likes basketball and he seems to have a lot of the same interests that I have. I am really excited for this transfer. He is about 9 months into his mission and he has a lot of desire. I think we will do really well. This last week went really good, we had a lot of people out to church yesterday and me and my comp got along pretty well. My investigator is really excited to get baptized he wants to be this week but we still have to teach him some stuff first. I am really excited for my new comp we are going to have a good transfer I think. I love you all and miss you. Elder Snell

February 22, 2009
I had a really good week. I really enjoy having Elder Rowley as my companion. We are getting along really great. I think the work just goes better when you and your companion get along better. We have made some good goals both serious ones and fun ones. One of those is to ride our bikes along the coast one Pday and see some cool beaches. It will be a lot of fun. I took him to the place where i got my bike and talk the old guy into giving me another one for the same price. The old man was very happy he was getting talked down by two foreigners. We went shopping cause we didn't have to much food in the house and we were having a good time until we rang it all up and had spent 90 dollars. Yeah we are not going shopping again for a while. You have to remember that we both just came form Korean companions. Today I am accomplishing one of my goals that I sent when I came to this island and that was to see a dolphin show. That's where we are headed and I am super excited. I have never seen a dolphin before in my life. I will send you some pictures. My investigator is getting baptized on the 8th so that will be cool. I love you all and I miss you. Elder Snell

No comments: