Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Elder Matt Hansen:

February 22, 2009
Well this past week I did get my new companion. The week has been a bit hectic and slow but I am hoping that things will pick up this week now that we are all settled down. My companion is from Congo. He is very nice and humble and he goes home in 3 months so he is a bit tired of the missionary work but hopefully things will pick up and he will have a desire to work. We still have a lot to do here. The whole Bishopric was desolved two weeks ago so we don't have one right now. We just have the 2nd counselor as acting bishop until others are called as his counselors. The work is going well though. We confirmed Charles who was baptized last week so that was good, he was very happy. Other than that, we have two other awesome investigators preparing for baptism. One is a 19 year old named Kenas, he is amazing. His mom died in 2001 and his father ran away many years ago and so now he is basically making a living for himself. He found a job so he could go back to school and so now he is doing that. He has a great testimony though and amazing faith, he is a great example that I have learned a lot from. Hopefully he will be baptized soon, we are working with him closely. I am loving the work here. Not much has changed since last time though, just a new companion. We also had a Preach My Gospel training for all the ward missionaries in the stake and that was cool, we as missionaries did that and it was fun even though very few showed up. So thats just whats going on here. I love the gospel and am grateful for this opportunity I have to share it with others. I love you mom and thank you for all that you do for me. I hope you are happy and that all is well. Take care and have a great week, talk to you later. Elder Hansen

No comments: