Thursday, April 30, 2009

Elder Brantley Shattuck

April 29, 2009
Just been busy today shopping and cleaning, we have apartment inspections coming up in like a week or so..... so we are trying to get ahead and clean most of it today, it's not that bad either, just vacuum and scrub counters and stuff....

Life is great though right now as far as the work goes. I love my companion, His name is Elder Gradin and is a convert to the church of about two years, he was dating a girl and that is how he got interested in the church, yes she is waiting for him, but he is out here for the right reasons and not just for her, he is really good....

We have four people scheduled for baptism right now, a single mom named Rakeya and her son Tyrone, then we have two other children that are 12 and 9 who belong to a part-member family, we are hoping this baptism will spark the father so he will have a desire to learn and make some steps in his life to get baptised.

I also have zone conference tomorrow and we are combining with the zone just north of us, so that will be fun to see some of my buddies and stuff....

Well, if I were God and could control the elements maybe I would send some of this heat your way, because I hate the heat out here, I am not excited for the summer at all, but everything will work out.

I hate to be so short but I am gonna go play some basketball and some people are waiting on me.....

I bet you can't wait for mother's day :), I am thinking about skipping the phone call this go around just so the next one means more, just kidding! I wouldn't do that to you but I am pretty excited for it as well, sounds like all the family members are doing well, Anyways I love you Elder Shattuck

No comments: