Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Elder Adam Walker

4-09
It's been a good week here and we are staying busy. We have a good handful of people that we are teaching. Now its just getting them to the next step. Dad, you probably don't want to tell mom this because she will probably freak out. I was on splits last week with a member in the Branch here and Elder Owens was with another member and we were going to try to talk to a media referral that wanted a Lamb of God DVD. I knocked on the door and about 3 seconds later about 4 or 5 houses down gun shots started going off. We started to walk back to the car and the lady comes out her side door and tells us to come in... we ended up having an awesome lesson. It is during gang initiation week from what we've been told. In order to join the gang, a group of people had to kill 3 people. But don't worry I'm still alive. People are just so crazy. It's certainly different here.

4-21-09
I'm getting transferred to Beckley, West Virginia. My mission president said I will have an autistic companion with a speech impediment. I have been on exchanges with him once and I couldn't understand a word he said. It is going to be an interesting transfer that's for sure. Our baptism went really well. He bore his testimony at his baptism and it was awesome. Its so neat to see someone go from a Mormon hater to becoming a member. When he bore his testimony and said he knew it was true it was awesome. He is going to be confirmed on Sunday, so I will miss that but I'm sure he will do great and I'm looking forward to seeing him progress in the church. Cade could get his call this week??? Let me know when you hear. I'm excited to see where he goes. The Caspers are such great people. I'm just wondering if Bruce is still going to those old peoples dances.... ha ha.

4-22-09
We get to email and tell you we got here. I got to my new area safe and all is good. My new address is: 106 Quarry St Beckley, West Virginia 25801 It's a pretty nice town, my area has pretty close to about 200,000 people it sounds like so we have some work to do. There are 4 missionaries in this ward that I'm in so that will be nice rather then just 2. My companion is good. Its going to be a rough transfer but I will make it. We live in our own house so that is nice, its not an apartment, its like a small house. Everything is great and I will talk to you next week.

4-28-09
Yeah, I'm all settled in, and it has been quite the week. Especially driving with him .... The worst driver ever. My stress levels are sky rocketing. We have about rear ended different cars about 5 times. I have had to yell STOP!! each time. Its been interesting week that's for sure. I have tried to be patient with him but I have prayed more now then any other transfer. The thing that is going to save me is the other missionaries are close by. My companion is also a slob as well, its a full time job just to pick up after him and its just annoying. When I got to the apartment every one of the dishes were out of the cupboard piled up in the sink dirty. It took a couple of hours to get everything cleaned up. I don't know what kind of revelation President was receiving when he put us together. I'm excited to find out at interviews. I will survive though don't worry. Yesterday, it was 90 degrees with about 80% humidity so its starting to get real hot again. Can't wait to talk to you on Mother's Day. Thanks for everything. Love ya lots. Elder Walker

No comments: