Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Elder Matthew Hansen:



March 2009



Left picture: Matt in his last area with an awesome family who had them over for dinner. Matt's companion is on the far right.

Right picture: Matt in his last area, Nairobi, with the kids of the ward. They love to play soccer and that is their ball.

May 2009
This past week has been busy but long at the same time. I like my companion but he is also going home in a few months and that is on his mind a lot. We do the work in different ways, so I am trying to be patient and to adjust but for the most part things are really going well. The area is really picking up and we have plenty of work ahead of us, the only problem is that we don't have enough time during the week. We have to plan very carefully because the area is so big and we don't have time to waste while travelling, its a bit hectic but not a bad problem to have. Yesterday we were blessed with many people that came to church. Members and investigators both bring people to church and give us referrals, it is awesome, I love it! We also have 3 people whom we are preparing for baptism on the 14 of June, they are all ladies and they are cool, hopefully it will work out. They have been coming to church for a long time and they love it, I think they will make strong members. So other than that not a whole lot is going on, we are continuing to move forward with the work. I also met with one of my old investigators, who is now a member, from Tanzania. She is here to do some business and I taught her with my companion in Tanzania and then I left him, he baptized her, and now we are all together again, kind of funny. The church here in Mombasa is still quite new and developing right now. You can always know that when you have to give a talk every other week with 5 minutes notice, ha I had to give one yesterday. I was joking with my companion that he would have to give one and then it came to me, talk about irony. I'm just glad its over with now and I know that if someone has to give a talk next time it will be my companion so I can relax for at least one week. I love you mom and appreciate everything that you do for me. Elder Hansen


Click on the left box with the gray arrow to watch the short video.

No comments: