Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Elder Adam Walker:

May 5, 2009
It's raining cats and dogs and its a real mess here but its finally turning green in this area so that is good. My companion is a challenge but I'll make it through. Along with everything else he just doesn't have any privacy boundaries, I caught him getting into my stuff again the other day. President Thornock sent me an e-mail telling me thank you for doing the best I can, and trying to be faithful with him. We have interviews on Friday so I'm excited to talk to him about everything to see what really was going through his mind. That's so awesome that Cade got his call. He did e-mail me. His mission I think is right above mine. I was really glad to see that he is all ready to go. Its a great place out here. Overall my week has been good, my patience have been stretched but I'm doing okay. We found 2 people this week that will probably get baptized. 1 of them is a members wife, she knows the church is true, she was just scared to ask the missionaries or anyone to be baptized so she is pretty much a for sure. I just pretty much asked her why she hadn't been baptized and she has been waiting for someone to ask her that for a whole year now so I believe that was a good question. She is 37 years old her name is Tracy Graham. I'm excited for her. Another one is a members boyfriend. His name is Anthony and he is awesome, we are going to try to set a date for him this week. The problem is word of wisdom, he has many of them but we will work through them with him. I'm looking forward to calling home Sunday. I will probably call about 3. Thanks for Everything, Love you all.

May 12, 2009
It was nice to talk to you all on Sunday. I will be looking forward to the cookies here in the next couple of days. We are going to go hiking today at the New River Bridge, its the largest single span bridge in the world or something like that we hear. We are pretty close so we are going to go hike down into the gorge and get some pictures looking up at it. It should be a fun day. Thanks so much for everything. Love Elder Walker

May 19, 2009
Sounds like it has been a great week and its even getting warmer there. It was really warm last week but the last couple days it has been getting pretty cold at night, it froze here I guess. But it is going to warm up real quick today I can already feel it. The humidity is going to be a mess because it has been raining all last week. This week was pretty slow on the work end of things, we did a ton of tracting and not a whole lot came out of it. Just a couple people really trying to "prove us wrong" and we end up just testifying and walking away, I don't argue with people it is just a waste of time. I'm getting along with my companion pretty well, I have been driving this last week so that has made things much better and I have been able to relax a little. We still have out 2 baptisms set. We went over the word of wisdom with both of them, Tracy is good and pretty much ready to go, she just has to stop drinking coffee but she said it shouldn't be a problem. Then Anthony, he has all kinds of problems but he wants to change and wants to stop everything that he is doing. So we are excited to work with him and to see him progress. We are also teaching a lady who is on home arrest and we went over the stop smoking workshop with her last week and she is done smoking, she will be baptized, it is just going to be time to get her off of arrest and probation. Right now we are just trying to find people to teach and hoping that some more people will come into our paths that we can find to teach and Baptize. Overall everything is going well, I can't complain. I love it out here.. Thanks for everything. Love you lots, Elder Walker

No comments: