Monday, July 20, 2009

Elder Brantley Shattuck:

July 1, 2009
I am going on 4 1/2 months in this area, it is great right now, we are teaching quite a few people. Last week we tracted into this guy named Yam Chemoria from Nepal, he has been a refugee for the past seventeen years of his life! Anyways he has been located here and he is trying to get his life going, he has a wife and a 13 month old baby who are currently up in Maryland working, he just happens to have a job down here so they are separated until they can find a job here... anyways we met him on Tuesday, taught him on Friday, and then again on Saturday, he came to church this Sunday and loved it! He said that he will be there for all three hours this next week. He has a Hindu background but says he feels much happier and loves the thought that families can be together forever instead of becoming a grasshopper.... Anyways it has been a neat miracle to see.... Transfers are next week, we will see what happens... Elder Shattuck

July 8, 2009
I got transfer calls last night, I will be staying in my same area, but I will be combining with a neighboring area and training Elder Bell to become a new zone leader.... still in a car, still a zone leader and still in the same area just covering two wards now :)
I got the elder that I wanted, if I could have chosen what would have happened to me at transfers this is exactly what I would have picked.... Elder Johnson is going up north to the Annondale stake and will be a zone leader still and yes he will still be in a car.

July 15, 2009
We are teaching a lot of people, it has been quite the week trying to coordinate two wards and all that good stuff. We did however just schedule Yam Chemoria for baptism! He is the man from Nepal and is amazing! I am really enjoying the teaching experience with him. He has been a complete sponge in everything that we have taught him. He just accepts everything that we teach him and rarely has any major concerns. My new companion is great as well. He is from Farmington UT and is actually 21, he has been out just over six months now. I am also living in a new place, (pretty close to my last apartment), it is a two bedroom, three bath town home. Missionaries have been living there for years so it has been beat up quite a bit. There is this one closet upstairs that missionaries have just been cramming full of junk for centuries it seems like. It has been nicknamed the Cave of Wonders. I found old soda and an ancient type writer, mountains of clothes and all sorts of other junk. missionaries are weird. Anyways, love you. Elder Shattuck

No comments: