Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Elder Andrew Peña:

This week was absolutely amazing! It was busy and full of a lot of things and through the busy schedule we were able to accomplish a lot in our own area. We taught 24 sit down lessons this week, our goal is to receive 20 weekly. When I first came on my mission our goal was 15 and we struggled with that ( as a mission ) now we are all learning and progressing together and making great things happen, we are at 630 with our goal of baptism and we should be having 3 in our zone this upcoming week. Last week, obviously Monday was our preparation day and we played basketball which was fun and look forward to playing again today:), on Tuesday we had zone conference in Modesto and it was really good. Sister Gonzalez was sick and did not show up and we were educated on H1N1 or known as the swine flu so we received some instruction. Nothing big, President Gonzalez said " You wont die from it, you'll die if you are disobedient and don't tell me " haha, he is awesome! On Wednesday I was on an exchange in my own area with Elder Fifita and we taught 7 lessons that day and found and set up a lot of appointments. It was a very successful day, I loved it. Thursday I went with Elder Pickett to his area and was able to learn some Spanish from him. Friday we had to do stake correlation all day. It was rough but we got a lot done. Saturday I went to Waterford ( my 2nd area in the mission ) on another exchange and we taught a lot of people and I was able to share my testimony in Spanish. We went to a recent convert's home for dinner, her name is Maria Huerta and when I was in the area a year and some odd months ago, we were teaching her consistently a couple times a week. It was good to see her again and have dinner at her home. We also went to another family that only three of them were members when I was in the area and now their entire family is baptized. Since I left, the 2 sons got baptized and so did the husband and they are very active in the Spanish Branch. It was good to see them. Sunday we had our stake correlation meeting at 7 am and had a great meeting but we only had 1 investigator at church, yikes! We are teaching A LOT of people but none of them keep their commitments in coming to church. We will get them though. We are teaching 4 families and about 6 individuals consistently and it is great. The work is great and we see miracles everyday. Most importantly I'm continuing to strengthen my testimony and my desire to work and serve. I love sharing my testimony with people. It is the greatest thing to do, especially to try it in Spanish except I really can't say much :) but that is ok ... suy aprender ...... I love this work. It is the greatest thing that has happened to me. I love the scriptures and being able to learn from them, I love Preach My Gospel and the effective tool that it is to ALL members in strengthening our studies and knowledge in the gospel. I hope to hear from you all again this week and continue to pray for us and the missionaries in our mission and for our goal. I love and appreciate all of you and what you all do for me. :) Love your favorite missionary!! Elder Peña

No comments: