Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Elder Matt Hansen:

Oct 26, 2009
We received the transfer news today and I got news that I am leaving Mombasa. I have kind of mixed feelings about it but overall I think its time for a change. I am going to miss the people though, that's what makes it so hard to leave an area. I love it here in Mombasa and I love the people, they are amazing. Hopefully I'll find the same in my next area. I am going to a place called Eldoret. It is just a smaller town but I am excited. My new companion is from Zimbabwe but I have never met him, it should be fun, I am excited. It will most likely be my last area. I will tell you all about it next week. We had 3 baptisms yesterday so that was cool, we were happy to see those work out. I hope you are well. I love you, thanks for everything that you have done for me and that you continue to do for me, your the best! Elder Hansen

P.S. We might get to go on safari before we go home...maybe

Nov 2, 2009
So, like I told you last week, I got transferred. Now I am in Eldoret serving in the Huruma branch. The town isn't too crowded and we are kind of on the outskirts of town so we only go there on Mondays. From the few days that I've been here I can say that I really miss Mombasa, especially the people there. I just got so comfortable there it felt like home, I loved it. Right now the transition has been kind of difficult but going to church yesterday helped because I was able to meet the members. The church seems a bit more developed here than Mombasa but I just can't wait to get to know the people, that's what makes an area. I am still lost but I know things will get better. This area is a lot different than my last. I took two buses to get here in two days. One was an 8 hour ride the other around 7 so nothing too bad but still not too fun. Eldoret is cold though, I'm freezing! Its funny to think because I never thought I could be cold in Kenya but its a bit cool. Most of it is just because I am used to the heat in Mombasa but I am just trying to adjust. Its nice though because I'm not sweating all the time and I can actually use a blanket to sleep, it feels good. My companion is a cool kid and I have enjoyed being with him for these few days. He is from Zimbabwe and is 3 months out and an awesome missionary, he is willing to work so that's good. I have also realized that no matter where you go there is always more work than you can handle but I am excited to get to know these people and to work with them.

I love you. Thank you so much for everything. I got your package right before I left Mombasa and I loved it!!! It had everything I needed, thank you very much. From now on just send mail to the mission home. Love you, Elder Hansen

No comments: