Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Elder Cade Casper:

Jan 4, 2010
So, as I have taken a gander out at the multiple feet of snow, I have thought of you guys a couple of times. We had a bad snowstorm last night and Saturday night- church was cancelled. Ha yes, cancelled. So, it's pretty nuts. I don't know exactly how much it has snowed, but it's a lot. We have to shovel a trench around our car each morning so we can get in, now we have learned to just take shovels in the trunk. In case we don't have anything to do, we can go shovel people's driveways.

But the week went well. It was a fast week. I have been in Erie for 5 full weeks, crazy! We had some good days and some decent days. On Saturday it was really cool- we were working in an area called Lake City, which is 20 minutes from Erie, and we met with a ton of less- active members. We were pretty tired when we got to the apartment for dinner. I got two letters, one from Michele in State College, and some random letter from someone in Utah. It was cool- Michele is doing really well. She is still attending church weekly, and her son, who claimed to be agnostic before we left, is going with her every week and their home teacher, Dale Murphy's son, is getting Mason (the son) hooked on mutual night. So that was awesome to get that letter from her, I was very thankful to hear from her. The other letter was way random, but cool. There was no name or anything, but this person just bore testimony and talked about missionary work and stuff, it was something that I needed at the time. But things are going well, we are doing better at waking up early ha because we both struggle with that, and we have had some success. It's good to see good things happen because it's our work. Next week we should know if we are getting transferred or not, and I'm quite positive I won't be. Not sure about Elder Juarez, I wouldn't mind if we stayed together.

We are still trying to get Dakota, the 10 year old boy, to be baptized this month. We have not talked to them since before Christmas so we are trying to meet with them again. Kelly and her two sons were going to come to church, we had a ride for them and everything. But, this week we are trying to meet in a member's home because her home situation isn't a good place for the spirit. Her husband is nice, but he likes to bring out the fact that he smokes and drinks.

Your picture or attachment thing for the email didn't work. So I don't know if Cort could help you out with that. I hope you get a chance to look at the email today, but you will probably be busy packing and everything.

Well that's about it from Erie. Things are going well amidst all of the snow. I'm ok with it, just trying to stay warm. Oh before I forget- remember that "Reflections of Christ" thing by Mark Mabry, the pictures and the DVD? He came out with another book from the Book of Mormon. A less- active member showed it to us, the missionary that baptized her sent it to her for Christmas. It would be awesome if you would sometime check out either the Reflections DVD or the Book of Mormon one called "Another Testament", that would be awesome to play at baptisms, so we will be using it a lot :).

But it's good here. I know there are people in Erie waiting for the gospel. I love ya and pray you travel safe. Tell everyone hello. CADE

Jan 11, 2010
Man, I couldn't help but to laugh when you said you came home to a -22, I'm sorry. I'm glad you had a good time, and I'm sure it lifted Cort and Mel's spirits as well, something they definitely need. I will try to be short today so I can write everyone and see how they are all doing.

But the transfer is over, transfer meeting is tomorrow down in Pittsburgh. I found out yesterday that Elder Juarez is leaving, and I am going to be training and be a district leader! Over the Zone Leaders! Great, I am excited about training, and I will reflect a lot on how I was trained because I was blessed with a great trainer. But I am quite nervous about being a district leader. I can't imagine what it will be like to instruct other missionaries (especially the zone leaders) and the Lindblom's. It will be a trying experience. But I know things will work out, and the Lord will help me. I know that training will be good for me. It is 1000 times more important that I am exactly obedient and diligent as I bring this new missionary into the field. I think it's funny that he is coming here in the middle of the winter- sorry greenie!!

But things are going ok as far as the work is concerned. Dakota French is getting baptized on Jan. 30, and it is a struggle to try and teach him simply all the things he needs to know and he doesn't focus well at all. But, he is a good kid. Then after that, not many investigators that are progressing. We will be finding a lot over the next few months which will stink considering the weather.

But the DVD's? "Another Testament" DVD would be awesome. "The Reflections of Christ" is really good, but I looked through the book of the other one and it looks really good. So, if you could, send out "Another Testament". That will be real cool.

Things are going well, a very exciting time in my mission right now. I have been out 6 months- crazy. I love ya Mom and Dad and am thankful for your prayers.

No comments: