Monday, September 22, 2008

Elder Andrew Pena:

Sept 15, 2008
Two Saturdays ago we went and picked grapes with the church and while we were there President Gonzalez called me and told me I was going to be training. On Thursday we had transfers and the new missionaries came in and it was a great experience. My new comp is from Rock Springs, Wyoming and he is awesome. Other than that I can't remember really what happened the last two weeks. I didn't even get time to write in my journal. Yesterday for church Elder Hammond (my new comp) was able to bear his testimony on the spot for his first Sunday here. He was nervous and I got to bear mine after, the counselor asked us to do it because two youth speakers came to church not knowing they were giving talks!:) Last week was pretty much the same not much happened. We taught a lot of the same people and had dinner at members houses then when my new comp came in all of the sudden I have been too busy to even get a good nights rest! He came in on Thursday and we got back at 8:30 so we went and bought some things for him and dropped off some reading material for a lady then came in and planned for Friday and there were two missionaries that were supposed to bring his luggage from Fresno to Visalia and they didn't show up until midnight so it was hectic his first night. Then we woke up at 6:30 (like every other day) :) and we had weekly planning which was kinda rough, but it went good! Then we went out and tracted and found a lady that asked so many questions and I think we will go back by and teach her again. Saturday we ran into another guy that "thought he knew a bit about our church" but once we said "Joseph Smith didn't write the book" and that it is actually ancient records of the people here in the America's he was like HUH? and started asking questions and talked to him for a good twenty minutes explaining the story of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and gave him a plan of salvation pamphlet and a Book of Mormon and committed him to pray about it. He said he would and we told him we were going to come by this next week and drop off the restoration video! So it is exciting. My new companion's first two days here have been awesome and the work has already been picking up. My old companion, E. Eden is still in my district and my last comp. before that (E. Sarager) is now a zone leader! It is so cool! We went over to a family last night and they had relatives over from Hawaii and they are related to Elder Kaka. I don't know if anyone remembers him but he is from Hawaii and was in my district in the MTC and I roomed with him. Anyway, we ran into his cousins last night that were visiting a relative in our ward! His cousins name is " JoJo Napeahi " and JoJo served his mission in the Philippines COOL! So he asked if I knew anyone named Reagan Buck!!! I told him he used to be the quarter back for our high school and JoJo freaked out! It's a small world! Wow it truly is, I think especially when you're on a mission! Kinda weird! Everyone sounds like they are doing great. I love you all. Everyone emailed me this week which is great!:) Love you all, thank you for all you do.... and remember to "Choose the right." I hit 5 months tomorrow??? and 6 in a month!!! My goodness I wish it was back in time where we could serve missions for like 11 years!:) Man that would be great..... 25 years of experience packed into 2......True!:) Keep in touch everyone and send me stuff !! Whatever you would like to send me and if I don't need it or can't use it I'll send it back!:) If you send ties make sure they are conservative and not flashy!! No shapes or anything! Take care and I'll hear from you all next week!! Elder Peña

No comments: