Monday, September 22, 2008

Elder Scott Snell:

Sept 1, 2008
I have some great news. I got a new companion and he can speak Korean better then me:-) I have never been so happy in my life. Last transfer was rough but I have a feeling this one is going to be a lot better. His name is Elder Snyder and he is about 6'4; 200 lbs, yeah, we are a pretty big companionship. He is from Boise but he grew up in California. I am really excited for this transfer cause I also have a greenie coming to live in my house which is always fun.

So I always love when I get to hear about Sunday dinner at Grandmas over an email. Cause while you guys are eating the works and enjoying it I am stuck with rice and pb and j;-) can we say yummy! I order a lot of pizza, sometimes I just cant take the food anymore but some of it is not too bad but the fact that I am a poor missionary and the good stuff costs money means I eat a lot of rice and pb and j. Now since I received my package I now have mac and cheese. Thank you mom for sending that and I got my I-pod - thanks Riley, I have already listened to a couple of the talks. I have one thing to say to you: Sex is like an Apple my friend, you would put one on there. She is clear around the world, I don't think that I will be biting that "Apple" anytime soon. I had quite the little experience this last week. I was talking to people on the street and I started to talk to this guy who was really nice. I found out soon that he was a pastor of a catholic church in Seoul. I ended up talking to him for about 25 minutes about our beliefs and the Book of Mormon. He told me he had a pretty open mind so I said, here take this Book and you can read it and pray to know it is true. He took the book and told me he was just going to throw it away and that he will go to heaven but he wont see me there. Talk about an open mind eh. I've got to jet, I love you all and miss you, don't worry, this next transfer will be better.
Elder Snell


Sept 7, 2008
Well another week is down and can I tell you how nice it is to be a junior again and not have to have all of the pressure on you to figure out what people are saying to you. It was really nice to have a senior who actually was the senior by his actions and not by his title. My new comp Elder Snyder is a good elder. I really like him, we get along great and we both like superman. It is really good, the first week is always a little slow cause they have to learn the area and the investigators. It is going to be good I think. So all the new greenies came in this last week I was standing in the midst of missionaries when someone says hey Elder Snell aren't you from Madison? I said yeah and he told me he was from Blackfoot. As soon as he said that I recognized him. He was the little Asian point guard when we were younger, like our freshman year. It was cool to see him. It's crazy that I can be clear on the other side of the world and still run into people I know. So not too much happened this week other then my new comp and two new elders came into the house I live in. It's really nice to have people around that I enjoy talking to. It sounds like everything is going good and everyone is in the sports as usual. Hey next week is Thanksgiving in Korea so I am not positive but I might not e-mail on Monday next week but maybe. I love you all and miss you. Elder Snell

Sept 14, 2008
It sounds like you guys had a good week. It is crazy to think about everything that has happened in this short amount of time. My comp today opened his email to find out his mom is getting married and moving to Washington. How crazy is that. The more crazy thing is that his parents were still married when he left home. Talk about a rough time. I think I will go buy him some ice cream and make him some western family mac and cheese. Today we had a meeting and this sister was up giving a talk and she is Korean, well she was speaking about a million miles an hour cause she was nervous and I had a really hard time following her. I thought I did pretty good. But then our mission president's wife gets up who is American and she starts speaking a million miles an hour in English and I had the same problem following what she was saying. Oh man I guess I always said i was excited to forget English when i was little. I guess i am getting my wish, I just thought it would only be a couple of words though. I will probably have to study up before I come home so that I don't look like to big of a loser.
This week was also pretty uneventful for me. We had the three day Thanksgiving here. Yeah, they don't serve turkey on theirs, talk about a bummer. But we did have a full p-day from 9-9 yesterday. We played football at the beach and got permission to watch Narnia. It was weird sitting still for that long, I have not done it in a while. It was good though. I love you all and miss you.
Elder Snell

Sept 21, 2008
Hey fam,
Dad i am sorry that you are sick. If it makes you fell any better so is my companion Elder Snyder. We stayed home the last three days he went to the bathroom about twenty times a day but he wasn't throwing up, poor kid. I got to play mom a lot this last week i took him to the hospital i bought him a lot of water to drink. Since my companion was sick we didn't do much this week except play a lot of board games and study. But I did go on splits to meet one of my investigators who is doing really good. It's the investigator that I read 2 Nephi 31 with and it was really spiritual. Well I met with her and she told me she knows the Book of Mormon is true. It went really good. Since my comp is feeling a lot better this week we will have some good lessons I am thinking. Other then that, I didn't do much this week. I am in shape but my shape is beginning to look more like a circle. I am working on starting those sit ups.
Korea is amazing. I'm learning to love it more and more everyday. The language is really starting to click which is scary because that probably means it will not be to long before I am the senior which means I will have a lot more on my plate. Some days I still feel like a greeny but its all really good. I love you all and miss you a lot. Remember the church is true and that's why I am here.
Love Elder Snell

No comments: