Thursday, August 27, 2009

Elder Matt Hansen:

August 26, 2009
Sunday we were planning for two baptisms but one fell through because of polygamy in her family so we will have to wait. But the other one went really well and now we are just looking forward to the confirmation. With the way people have been talking it sounds like they are going to split our area his next transfer so my comp and I will probably split and get new ones, who knows though. I have enjoyed being with my companion, he is a cool kid. Its funny because at home I'm sure we wouldn't hang out but coming here has helped me to learn to find common ground with others, so everything is good. He has just been out for 10 months. It is a bit weird with two white people but the work is moving forward. Yesterday was one of the best experiences on my mission. Right now I am in Nairobi and we came here on Monday and had a zone leaders conference on Tuesday and we go back tomorrow. So yesterday we had our conference and I learned a lot and we also had a guest come and speak to us, Elder Holland. He had a lay over here in Nairobi and so he made time to come and see us and speak with us, it was amazing. He is such an amazing speaker and he speaks with so much power. He is an awesome guy, also very funny. He only got to speak with us for about 40 minutes but it felt like only 5, I could have listened forever. I loved to hear his testimony about missionary work and the gospel, it definitely strengthened mine. It was a great opportunity and I don't think I will ever forget that. So that's what has been going on here in Kenya, the work is going great and I am loving it. Time is flying by, I think too fast. I'm scared to come home, maybe I'll stick around a bit longer, ha. Well, I love you all, thank you for your prayers, support, and love. I miss you and hope all is well, take care. Elder Hansen

No comments: